Thursday, February 21, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Wrap







Buffalo Chicken Wrap

We all have weaknesses, alas I love Buffalo chicken.  I feel a bit better about eating it in a salad, twisted I know but what can you do.  I love to make wraps for lunch and my kids love that they can pick what goes in and what doesn't.
I had some left over fried chicken pieces that I used this day but any cooked chicken will do.
Chop the chicken into small pieces and toss with buffalo sauce.  (I had bottled sauce on hand but it is easy to whip up yourself - here is a recipe.)  Wash and chop lettuce, tomato and some red onion if you like that.  Now get a big bowl and put some lettuce, tomato, onion and a bit of shredded cheddar.  Toss with 2 Tbsp ranch or blue cheese dressing.  Now add the chicken and gently toss again.
Warm a 10 inch flour tortilla in the microwave for 10 seconds just to make it pliable.
Lay out tortilla and place "salad" in the center.  Fold up bottom then turn in both sides and roll over to close.  Slice in half and feel better that at least your butter and hot sauce coated fried chicken comes with some lettuce!


I really like to toss in a bowl rather than just pouring dressing on top of the wrap.  I find that you will use less dressing and you don't end up with dry and wet bites.

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment