Friday, February 10, 2012

Not so crock pot beef brisket

So I was planning on making a crock pot beef brisket with potatoes and my crock pot decided to die.  So now what... I was not planning to fire up the grill in February in Virginia.  I turned to my trusty oven for help.

I used the same recipe that I would for the crock pot except I left the potatoes out, put the brisket in a large pan and covered it tightly with tin foil.  I baked it at 325 for 2 1/2 hours then took off the foil and gave it another 1 hour.


The results were perfect.  Tender, tasty and didn't take long at all.

I found some cutie baby potatoes in the produce clearance so I boiled them whole and tossed with a tablespoon of butter, some salt and parsley.


Brisket on a Tuesday night?  Sure why not!

No comments:

Post a Comment